Alawa Primary School has a policy of setting homework on a regular basis depending on year level.
- The Purpose of the policy is to:
- reinforce school work
- increase communication between child, parent and teacher
- develop self-discipline and good work habits
- develop time management and organisational skills
- prepare child for later education
- provide revision time
Recommended Time Allocations
- Strong Beginnings
- Set work should be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes per night, Monday to Thursday
- Reading to parents is a major activity at this stage
- Ignition and Self Learners
- Up to 1 hour per night, Monday to Thursday
Each class teacher will send a note home at the beginning of each year to outline and explain their homework expectations for the children.
Parents will be contacted if there is persistent non-compliance.
- Home Reading - Strong Beginnings students
- Reading books are issued to provide an opportunity for children and parents to read together. Please try to make your home reading regular and fun, to develop a positive attitude to books.